LTI is an open standard created and maintained by the IMS Global Learning Consortium. LTI allows Administrators to add a special Web link inside a learning management system (LMS) such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle that launches an external tool. This connection provides contextual information for the external tool including information about the User who selected the link, the course in which the link is posted, the specific exercise the link refers to, the User’s role in the course, and other useful data. LTI links make it easier for Instructors and Learners to use tools outside the learning management system environment and make them feel more “integrated” into the system.
This document outlines how to set up the LTI integration between Pedagoo and your Blackboard.
IMPORTANT. To configure a Practice test from Pedagoo through LTI you need some Pedagoo data. Please, review the LTI integration – How to get the Pedagoo data post.
How to set up the LTI integration between Pedagoo and your Blackboard.
Configure LTI tool providers global properties:
- Log into your Blackboard.
- On the Administrator Panel, under Integrations, select LTI Tool Providers.
- Select Manage Global Properties.
- Under Feature Availability, manage the settings:
Note. Making learning tool links unavailable removes the extra configuration functionality from the Instructor’s Create Web Link workflow, and only standard URLs will be supported in that workflow.
- Enable the tool in courses.
- Enable the tool in organizations.
- Select your Creation of Tool Provider Links preference.
- Select whether to allow any Tool Provider to post grades to the Grade Center.
- In the Default Configuration section, set options for user data and user acknowledgment.
- Click on the Submit button.
Add teaching tools with the LTI connection:
- Log into your Blackboard course.
- Click on Course Content.
- Hover your mouse pointer over Content, and select Teaching tools with LTI connection.
- On the New LTI Link panel:
- Type the tool name.
- Type the configuration URL: Launch URL from Pedagoo.
Note. The LTI connection requires a key or a shared secret, these fields appear after you add the URL.
- Type the copied Consumer key from Pedagoo in the Key (or similar) field.
- Type the copied Shared secret from Pedagoo, into the Shared secret (or similar) field.
- Type the ID from the practice test, into the Custom parameters (or similar) field.
- Enable grading.
- Type a description that appears with the tool on the Course Content page.
- Click on the Send button.
What would you like to do next?
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo via LTI? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to know how to get the Pedagoo data? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with Moodle? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with Canvas? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with WordPress? Click here for more info.