LTI is an open standard created and maintained by the IMS Global Learning Consortium. LTI allows Administrators to add a special Web link inside a learning management system (LMS) such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle that launches an external tool. This connection provides contextual information for the external tool including information about the User who selected the link, the course in which the link is posted, the specific exercise the link refers to, the User’s role in the course, and other useful data. LTI links make it easier for Instructors and Learners to use tools outside the learning management system environment and make them feel more “integrated” into the system.
This document outlines how to set up the LTI integration between Pedagoo and your Moodle.
IMPORTANT. To configure a Practice test from Pedagoo through LTI you need some Pedagoo data. Please, review the LTI integration – How to get the Pedagoo data post.
How to set up the LTI integration between Pedagoo and your Moodle.
- Log into your Moodle.
Note. You must have Admin or Teacher role.
- Access to the course where you want to use the LTI service.
- Click on the Turn editing on
- In the section you wish to add your external tool, click on the + Add an activity or resource
- Select External tool (or a preconfigured tool) and click on Add.
Note. This will take you to the settings page titled Adding a new external tool. All settings may expand by clicking the Expand all link top right.
- Fill all mandatory fields:
GENERAL SETTINGS: (Click on Show more to see all options).
- Activity name. Type the title you wish the students to see on the course page
- Preconfigured tool. This is how Moodle communicates with the tool provider. If in doubt, leave as default.
- Secure launch URL. Type the copied Launch URL from Pedagoo.
- Launch container. Select how to want to see the external tool (embed, new window…).
- Consumer key. Type the copied Consumer key from Pedagoo.
- Shared secret. Type the copied Shared secret from Pedagoo.
- Custom parameters. Type the ID from the practice test.
- Icon URL. Allows the icon that shows up in the course listing for this activity to be modified. Instead of using the default LTI icon, an icon that conveys the type of activity may be specified.
- Secure icon URL. Like the icon URL but used if the user accessing Moodle securely through SSL.
PRIVACY. Set privacy options.
GRADE. Configure scoring options.
COMMON MODULE SETTINGS. Set the visibility and the ID number.
RESTRICT ACCESS. Configure access restriction options.
- Click on Save and return to course.
What would you like to do next?
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo via LTI? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to know how to get the Pedagoo data? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with Canvas? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with Blackboard? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with WordPress? Click here for more info.