LTI is an open standard created and maintained by the IMS Global Learning Consortium. LTI allows Administrators to add a special Web link inside a learning management system (LMS) such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle that launches an external tool. This connection provides contextual information for the external tool including information about the User who selected the link, the course in which the link is posted, the specific exercise the link refers to, the User’s role in the course, and other useful data. LTI links make it easier for Instructors and Learners to use tools outside the learning management system environment and make them feel more “integrated” into the system.
This document outlines how to set up the LTI integration between Pedagoo and your WordPress.
IMPORTANT. To configure a Practice test from Pedagoo through LTI you need some Pedagoo data. Please, review the LTI integration – How to get the Pedagoo data post.
How to set up the LTI integration between Pedagoo and your WordPress.
- Download the following plugin: https://github.com/Saltbox/wordpress-lti-consumer
- Import or load the plugin in WordPress from the backend.
- Enable the plugin.
- The new option menu appear in the left panel (Note. You don’t do anything there).
- Create a new page or blog entry.
- Customize the page to your liking and enter the shortcode with the required and extra parameters:
[lti-launch consumer_key=Consumer key secret_key=Shared secret display=self action=button launch_url=Launch URL return_url=delivery.pedagoo.com resource_link_id=ID]
Note. Or maybe with other parameters like the examples provide by the plugin creator.
- After save the changes and publish the page. You can try launch the Practice Test.
- It’s require to be logged or register in the WordPress to launch the test, to share to the LTI provider the data like username, email, and others WP parameters.
Note. It’s highly recommended to avoid massive and uncontrolled tests launch.
What would you like to do next?
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo via LTI? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to know how to get the Pedagoo data? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with Canvas? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with Moodle? Click here for more info.
- Do you want to integrate Pedagoo with Blackboard? Click here for more info.